Another recipe to use your left over thanksgiving turkey on. Everyone loves Turkey Pot Pie! And the great thing is, you can freeze these pies and use them later! It’s really simple to make!
Turkey Pot Pie
“This recipe can be made in small individual size pie pans or in a large pie pan as well. This can also be prepared in advance and frozen once assembled and baked later.”
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
* 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
* 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
* 2 tablespoons chopped onion
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line bottom of pie pan with crust. In a skillet saute the chopped onion until slightly soft and set aside.
2. Mix together the turkey or chicken, mixed vegetables, onion, soup and milk. Pour into pie crust, cover with top crust and crimp edges.
3. Poke holes in top crust and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.