7 things about Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show:
1. The show took place in the Grand Palais, which was lit up with pink lights and a glittering runway. After a live string band performed, model Elsa Hosk opened the show in a dragon-inspired ensemble.
2. Kendall Jenner and Adriana Lima both walked in the opening section to resounding cheers from the audience, which included Riccardo Tisci, Olivier Rousteing, Lenny Kravitz, and Lottie Moss.
3. Lady Gaga was the first musical act of the night. She took to the runway to sing “Million Reasons” in a rose-print dress. Josephine Skriver was the first model out during Gaga’s performance.
4. Next up came Bruno Mars, who rocked a fur coat and Louboutin boots and came out singing his new single “24K Magic.” Grace Elizabeth was the first model out in the pink section, where models seemed to be having the most fun—or at least had the grooviest dance moves.
5. The Weeknd then belted out “Starboy” to a parade of models, including his former girlfriend Bella Hadid.
6. Taylor Hill opened the “Dark Angels” section of the show in a billowing black lingerie set—all the more dramatic to coordinate with Lady Gaga’s hardcore performance of “Joanne.”
7. Bruno Mars performed again for the show finale, which brought out Jasmine Tookes in the glittering Fantasy Bra by Eddie Borgo. After the show ended, all the models strutted out for a golden confetti filled finale.
Meanwhile, Behati Prinsloo is already gearing up for next year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. The stunning supermodel gave birth to her baby girl Dusty Rose just over two months ago, so it’s totally understandable Behati opted to sit out the 2016 extravaganza. “Opening the #vsfashionshow for the first time was a dream come true opening twice in a row was just NUTS, still pinching myself,” Adam Levine’s leading lady wrote on Instagram. “To the girls and crew, good luck in Paris, me and Dusty Rose will be cheering.”
Behati continued, “I know the blood sweat and tears that goes into the making of this show and also being in it, this would have been my 10th year. I can’t believe it. Love you all, have fun in Paris and see you next year!!!!”
The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show will air on Dec. 5, 2016, on CBS at 10 p.m. ET. Don’t worry if you miss the live broadcast. CBS uploaded the full 2015 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show to its website last year, which means it will probably do the same with the 2016 show.
Did you know? | Victoria’s Secret
– There is no Victoria, and she doesn’t have any secrets. Founder Roy Raymond picked the brand’s name in 1977, simply by deciding that he wanted to mimic the look of a Victorian boudoir in his first shop. His idea was to create a store in which men didn’t feel embarrassed when buying underwear for their wives.
– The first Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show was in 1995 at the Plaza Hotel in New York.
– Naomi Campbell, Stephanie Seymour and Helena Christensen walked in the second show, at the same venue in 1996, thus starting the brand’s association with supermodels.
– Claudia Schiffer modelled the brand’s first Fantasy Bra in 1996, with a price tag of $1 million.
– The most expensive Fantasy Bra ever was modelled by Gisele Bündchen in 2005 and was composed of 2,900 pave diamonds, 22 rubies, and a 101-carat diamond centerpiece set in white gold. It cost $12.5 million.
– 2016’s Paris-based show is the second time that the brand has held its extravaganza outside of the US, the first time being at London’s Earl’s Court in 2014.
– There are now Victoria’s Secret Angels from every continent, except for Antarctica.
– In 2003, Heidi Klum sported the biggest wings in the brand’s history, standing 12 feet high.
– Victoria’s Secret’s revenue for the fiscal year ended January 31st 2015 was $7.2 billion, boasting a $1.2 billion profit.