Still haven’t decided on what to cook for Thanksgiving? Let Martha Stewart help you out! Here’s her recipes for the perfect meal, including the turkey, gravy, stuffing and several sides. Martha Stewart has a delicious turkey recipe that’s ready to eat in just over an hour.
Did you know that “it only takes a little over an hour to roast a 12-pound turkey when it’s split down the middle, backbone removed, and roasted flat?” Neither did I. But of course, Martha Stewart does! See Martha Stewart’s Roast Spatchcocked Turkey recipe below, and spend more time with the family, and less time in the kitchen.
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon coarse salt
– 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
– 1 whole fresh turkey (about 12 pounds)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stir together oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Rinse inside and outside of turkey; pat dry with paper towels. Spatchcock turkey (see Martha’s how-to). Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, breast side up. Let stand for 30 minutes.
3. Brush or rub turkey all over with oil mixture. Roast, rotating sheet halfway through and basting twice, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reaches 165 degrees, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let stand for 20 minutes before carving (see Martha’s how-to).
Serves 8 – 10.
For more quick Thanksgiving recipes, visit MarthaStewart.com.