The 2011 Hyundai Equus is basically the nicest iPad case on the planet. Now it gets its own app, in the form of a virtual owner’s manual, and a video showing off its multimedia glamor. Hyundai is redefining the luxury vehicle ownership experience with the launch of the Equus Owner’s Manual App for iPad®, iPhone and iPod touch.
While the app was created for Equus owners, it can also be downloaded by interested consumers who want to learn more about Equus.
The Equus App includes:
* Interactive Quick Reference Guide: Includes vehicle overview and direct access to specific feature interests
* Vehicle location-based dealer locator; finds the nearest authorized Equus dealer based on current location
* Service Scheduler; enables the Equus owner to select an appointment time at their home or place of business using the convenience of the Service Valet
* Equus photo/video gallery provides beautiful footage and photography in various scenarios and locations
* 360-degree exterior and interior imagery of the Equus, customer-controlled view selection with clickable feature hot-spot links
* Links to Hyundai model pages on Hyundai.com for owners who may want to view other vehicles
Customers who visit the app site can download Equus feature call-outs and interactive demonstrations including:
* Lane Departure Warning System
* Auto-leveling, auto-cornering HID Xenon headlamps
* Rear first-class heated and cooled massaging seat
* 19-inch, staggered-fitment chrome alloy wheels
* Premium DIS navigation system
* Lexicon 608-watt, 17 speaker, 7.1 discrete surround-sound system
* Electronic air suspension with continuous damping control
* Vehicle Stability Management system
* ZF® 6-speed automatic transmission
* Nine airbags, including driver’s knee airbag
* Rear-wheel drive powertrain configuration
* Equus dynamic running footage
Putting printed content on the iPad is a burgeoning business at Apple’s App Store, but Hyundai goes one step further, making its owner’s manual not just informative, but interactive, complete with a photo and video gallery, the ability to locate a nearby dealer and schedule a service appointment, and links to Hyundai’s retail website.